Intelligent Information Systems (4+1)
1. General information
The science of building artificial intelligent systems takes the central place in the engineering sciences. There are two main approaches in developing artificial intelligent systems: machines that incorporate intelligence – robots, and one that starts with biological systems and leads towards artificial being – bioinformatics and bioengineering. The Intelligent System Engineering is the place where students can understand and develop intelligent systems in solving real-life problems.
- Offered by: Ss. Cyril and Methodius University - Skopje, Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering – FCSE
- Study programme: Intelligent Systems Engineering – bioinformatics / robotics
- Scientific-research field: Engineering, Natural sciences and applied mathematics
- Category: Informatics
- Sub-category: Intelligent systems
- The master studies cycle consists of 60 ECTS.
- Study duration: 2 semesters
- One academic year is divided into two semesters with 30 weeks each (1 semester = 15 weeks)
- Enrollment requisites: fully completed undergraduate study cycle with a minimum of 240 ECTS with a degree in the fields of computer science and/or computer engineering. In the case of having an appropriate degree with less than 240 ECTS, the student has to enroll the introductory courses first.
- Introductory courses: only for students that have obtained less than 240 ECTS. A number of differential introductory courses are offered in order to level up the required competences. Upon successful completion of the introductory courses, the student has the right to continue with the formal master study programme courses in the second year of studies.
- First semester: 3 compulsory courses + 2 elective courses (one of the elective courses can be chosen from the courses list offered by the University)
- Second semester: 1 compulsory course + 1 elective course (can be chosen from the courses list offered by the University only in the event that this opportunity has not been used in the previous semester) + final master thesis project that equals 18 ECTS.
- 1 ECTS = 30 hours of work load.
- Contact hours per week is 4.
Degree: Master of Intelligent Systems Engineering, module Bioinformatics or Master of Intelligent Systems Engineering, module Robotics
Table 1: List of courses for master studies
|1||assoc. prof. Slobodan Kalajdziski||
|2||assoc. prof. Andrea Kulakov||Advanced topics in Artificial Intelligence||IX||6|
Mandatory general-education course
|6||assoc. prof. Vladimir Trajkovikj||Collaborative computer systems||X||6|
|1||Research methods and writing techniques||IX||6|